There’s a reason ENERGY STAR® considers high-performance windows as an integral component of any home’s complete thermal enclosure system. They can cut down on your energy consumption and start paying for themselves right after installation.
For Seamless Exterior, here’s how ENERGY STAR-approved replacement windows can help lower your utility bills:
Windows with multiple panes filled with an insulating gas reduce the transfer of heat from the inside of your home to the outside. To determine a product’s ability to thermally insulate, find out the U-factor value in the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) label. In the Northern Climate Zone where Black Hawk County belongs, the ideal energy-efficient window must have at least a 0.27 rating.
Increased Solar Heat Reflectivity
In a humid continental climate where the summer is usually hot and muggy, it’s imperative to have windows that reflect most of the solar heat. Unlike clear pieces of glass, panes with low-emissivity (Low-E) coatings filter out the majority of the sun’s infrared light that tries to pass through them. As a result, the outdoors becomes less of factor in your indoor climate.
When buying a window with a 0.27 U-factor, any Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) value would do. But if you want a unit with a higher U-factor (less efficient), there should be a minimum SHGC requirement.
The more natural light you get, the less artificial light you need to illuminate your interior when the sun is up. In addition, sunshine without infrared light can help keep your rooms cool, which is especially useful during the hottest months. Traditional bulbs only utilize 10% of the energy they use for lighting, converting the remaining 90% into heat.
Excellent Air Leakage Resistance
Thanks to modern design advancements, modern, operating windows (regardless of the style) are no longer as drafty as their previous iterations. To have a clear idea about how weathertight the unit is, any experienced windows company will refer you to the Air Leakage rating. Expressed in a range of 0.1 to 0.3, the lower the number means the better the window is.
As the trusted, local provider of Envirosealed Windows™ and Parco products, Seamless Exterior gives you access to an impressive selection of ENERGY STAR-certified windows. You can choose from a wide range of styles, glazing systems and customization options to meet your home improvement needs. Call us at (319) 243-3600 now to discuss your window replacement project, and get a free estimate in Waterloo, IA, or any nearby community.