Your home is your most valued asset. From your siding, to your windows to your roof’s gutter system – we understand how some homeowners can get real particular with quality and upkeep. Depending on your maintenance and the environment, the average life expectancy of a steel gutter is 20 years or less, aluminum is expected to last 20 to 30 years, and copper may last up to 50 years. But still, some gutters fail even before they reach the end of their expected lifespans.
There are plenty of ways how your gutters in Marshalltown IA get damaged – damage could be brought about by the inclement weather or by old age but either way, their vulnerable state affects their performance. While gutter protection—like the protection offered by Seamless Exterior—helps reduce the risk of damage and increases protection, some issues can be beyond repair and may call for a replacement.
Your gutters act as your home drainage system. Gutters basically channel the rain collected from the roof; carrying it away from your home’s exterior. Indeed a tough job, so it’s likely for the gutters to be damaged in some way over time.
Common causes of gutter damage include storm and tree damage, ice formation during the cold weather season, pest infestation, badly placed ladders (ladders are leaned against gutters when cleaning) and stains resulting from overflowing or caused by rusting spikes.
If not quickly taken care of, damaged gutters can cause the following:
- Mold formation and rotting that can be harmful to your exteriors.
- Leaking basements. The excess water that tends to collect around your basement will eventually leak in. If this happens, this can result in gas leaks and electric-related hazards.
- Rotting wood and foundation cracks. Without proper drainage, homes made of wood will decay over time. Water build-up can also cause cracking walls and stains on the foundation itself. Since the damage is in between walls, it may not be easy to see.
- Driveway and sidewalks become slippery due to overflowing water.
- Landscape muddying. When too much water leaks out to your landscape, it can be a chaotic and expensive mess.
Prevent any type of damage by ensuring your gutter system is in tip-top shape. Install our gutter protection in Marshalltown IA or have your gutters cleaned by our expert crew. Don’t hesitate to call us at Seamless Exterior for more information about our range of gutter services. We’ll be happy to assist you.